Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A f t e r / Suspended in Life to Light


I should have known before 
I should have grown before
And lived unseen before...
The waking up.

The headlights twist 
The heart repeats a single phrase
Unspoken to you,  I   W i l l
N o t   S p e a k 

As light hits the rain... 
I should have known before
I should have grown before
And lived unseen before
The waking up.

... 

S u s p e n d e d  I n  T h e  L i f e  T o  L i g h t  

Capsule in my eyes of smiles from the very few
Whom drink to feel numb and drink to balance the hurt
That always seems to sway in the wrong direction... 
Can't seem to make myself feel good anymore... 
Not without hurting deeper... 
Not by simply living... 

On my own...  

But I don't want to hide under the covers 
The less I do, the more I fear the end will come soon... 

This cloudy hourglass use to be white 
My impressions, fingerprints 
Cold breath on the outer-glass
And the timepiece I found covered in the sand 
Wound up nice and tight
Unaware of the time, of where to be or how to get there
Countless Wanderings ... 
Now my feet shake even while in from the cold

Suspended in the life to light.

...

I should have known before
I should have grown before
And lived unseen before
The waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment