Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Old Peace


You could wise 
Spending a lifetime under your tree
Watching apples 
Fall from above... 

You could be lost 
Aimless
In you hometown
Nothing in that moment matters more
Than the book in your hand.

And I see impressions
And I see fingerprints 
F o o t s t e p s 
Tears in the rain

But nothing is more perfect 
Than the smell of 
H a r m o n y

You've got your solitude 
And I've got my peace.

If only in just this 
One  f r a g m e n t 

T o g e t h e r 

I t  g r o w s

T h i s  T r e e 

Maybe lost 
Maybe aimless

Maybe right where I need to be....

1 comment:

  1. Alec,

    I never knew you and I never will but whatever happens to any of us when time ends, know this: your words touched people. Even if you never felt it like that, even if you never will because you are no longer here, they did. They did and they continue to do so, casting stones into the lake of existence, rippling waves colliding. Your words mattered. And so did you. Even if at times you didn't feel it. Even if it was hard to see. Hell, I didn't even know about you until almost now. I don't know why or for whom I'm writing this. But I want you to know that your words have touched at least one heart. And for that I am grateful.

    Thank you very much,
    A friend you never met

    ReplyDelete