Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What is Left

What is left of you
While I'm on the other side?

Two strings hang down by the side of the gate 
What is left of garlands
I'm brushed by something unknowing 
My skin risings... 
As I watch the breeze in the trees 
Don't take this away from me...

Don't take this the wrong way.

I am forgetful now
Or I choose not to remember 

I am the part repressing
And in the days I sink
Spinning off the floor
To close my eyes and see clouds moving
From the same horizon 
From Before. 

It's made me less patient 
It's made me more unaware...

As I look down at the water
Our movements are very slow 
As I adjust one shaking hand with the other. 
I Inhale the smoke...

But without the smoke 
Light a fire you can't put out. 
And in the end the light is still the light that's saving you from darkness 
Saving you from what you don't want to feel.

As I adjust one shaking hand with the other. 

What is left of you
While I'm on the other side?

What is left of garlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment