Friday, September 13, 2013

p a s t u r e

Skeleton key won't unlock the cellar door
Anymore, 
O f   t  h i s  c h u r c h 
Of  t h i s  p a s t u r e 
The gates won't open to free.
A place of dwelling 
A childhood sanctuary... 

When in time
Heals 

But we still write little messages 
Turn them into poems... 
I sing my lyrics to myself 
When no one else is around 
To hear me... 

Sing

And no one is ever here...

O f  t  h i s  c h u r c h 
O f  t h i s  p a s t u r e 
The gate won't open free.
A place of dwelling 
A childhood sanctuary.

When in time.
Heals. 

...

I try to deny the feelings that were
And what had become
A deep connection to another soul. 
With every emotion.  
Interrupted the rotation of the earth
And the balance inside my head
I never use to inflict pain like this 
To myself 
Now I envision the perfect day 
Strengthen by love and free of hollow emptiness 
To plant red roses where
I stood and prayed 

Where you hung your head...
And I fell silent behind the unlocked door. 

Hoping one day that you may enter 
Before I leave this world. 

...

Skeleton key won't unlock the cellar door
Anymore 

No comments:

Post a Comment