Sunday, October 6, 2013

E n c o u n t e r

Don't change a thing...
This meter is perfect,
Steady- your glass is full... 
Your mind is empty 
For a moment...
Eyes closed...
Don't start repeating memories 
Of the young.
Don't lose focus... 
Shine away from the diamond
Here's my best afternoon smile. 

Still hear the piano echo...
As if someone who knew how to play was there...
And now is gone. 
This spiritual side effect, to a drug... 
I can't be alone anymore...
I can't be with anyone.  

Would you hold me close?
Close like the wind use too... 

Slow motion would encounter the forest 
As I would walk through the snow...
Crushing leaves that were dead at the time
Like my words are now...

Just the poetry of an emotional struggle
Clinging to the fog that haunts my soul 
Maybe there's reason, maybe there's not 
But you keep hoping...
And I keep praying 
That you're love was worth it all.

Don't change a thing...
The meters perfect,
Steady- you're glass is full... 
Your mind is empty 
For a moment...

E y e s   C l o s e d . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment