Friday, October 25, 2013

Night of Reverie

Nights in the reverie
The passion unwinds the clouds 
In a purple haze...
You open your eyes to see another's closed
And then fall back into sleep...

Still lines drawn from before us...
In the continuum of smoke
I read the ashes of
The papers folded...
And relinquish to dust.. 

Banished to everlasting words.

Nothing makes much sense now,
And surely isn't going to 
Once we've made our efforts known  

Use to be on cloud 9...
With strength to bare the emptiness without companion 
This time.. of evening
Wake- as you can no longer figure out
The best words to say
Or how to phrase them...

I can only talk to you about this...
I can only see the path I made for myself
Is as bright as it is while fading... 

I've known nothing more calmer 
In the months I've tried to recover.
Sinking deeper here and there
Off and on... 
Sometimes I think the fragments are over...
Disconnected- devoured 
Have all dissolved
Disappeared, evaporated...
Far into the flesh, 
The wrists are bleeding... 
Now 
In the coldness night of wind...

I try to recall the last time I felt this...
Irrelevant in all space and depth.

My vision slowly impaired... 

Nights of the reverie
The passion unwinds the clouds 
In a purple haze...
You open your eyes to see another's closed

A n d   T h e n   F a l l   B a c k   I n t o   S l e e p . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment