Friday, October 11, 2013

Papers Folded


Recreate me from what you already know 
Uncover the boulders, the cinders within thee ashes
An ankh turns silver within the coil... 
Dust off the jacket... the pages torn. 
The fire dances... the shadows ritual 
Afraid to fall asleep again for the nightmare...
It may be just another day, long live the once wise man
Feeding ducks and folding news papers... 

(To many people get caught up in the policies 
And religion of things...
Peace is all I've ever wanted to believe.

Peace within you and peace within my darkest fears...)

Part of you must have given up 
While in the highest of highs
The lowest of lows to counter 
What depressants will do to the soul
While the mind is unbalanced
I pray for you now... 
But that doesn't say nearly enough 
Or anything intimate felt
For those who are deeply loved.
And you are love... 

My love. 

There's no question. 

...

It's almost a curse...
Like following along in my old footsteps...
The new ones trample over 
What got lost in the way... 

I found that papers folded meant 
There lied secretes underneath... 
But my poems nearly scratch the surface 
Of who I am 
And where I should be...

Now...  

After all this pain. 

f r a g m e n t s 

My love. 

I pray for you now... 
But that doesn't say nearly enough 
Or anything intimate felt

But that's okay.

Recreate me from what you already know.

...

An ankh turns silver within the coil...  
Silver within the coil... 
An ankh turns silver within the coil... 
Silver within the coil... 
An ankh turns silver within the coil... 
Silver within the coil... 

No comments:

Post a Comment